20 Aug Pool Safety for the Family
The houehold swimming pool has been an Australians choice of family fun for years along with the good old BBQ it has been a sort of sanctuary on hot summer days together with great memories and a source of healthy sport.
Swimming pools are terrific to share with the family and friends a great time to chillout and relax in the sun but there is a few risks we need to be aware as not being a aware of these tips can get your family and friends sick or hurt.
Aquatech Pool & Spa Solutions advises on the following tips to be aware of to make sure your family and friends are safe and can enjoy the swimming pool to the max.
- Kids need to be watched around the pool, if you need to quickly leave the area make sure you take your children with you.
- Your swimming pool must have certified fencing and childproof locking gates.
- Make sure there are no areas where children can climb the fence.
- A resuscitation chart must be on your swimming pool fence or wall which will show instructions on how to best handle a situation that required mouth to mouth.
- Get your kids used to the water as well as show them the dangers and teach them how to swim, be it an instructor or yourself.
- If your pool is covered make sure you let others know especially the kids as they can get tangled in the blanket which can cause suffocation.
- ALWAYS MONITOR the kids.
- Make sure your pool is cleaned before taking a swim.
- Don’t swim in a pool that shows signs of algae or green colored tinge.
- Make sure all pool equipment is working properly.